Position Title: Information Management Officer (CCCM Cluster)
Receiving Agency: UNHCR
P Level: P3
Location: Lviv, Ukraine
Duration: 3 months
Language: English is required. Russian, and/or Ukrainian is highly desirable
Under the overall supervision of the Senior CCCM Cluster Coordinator, the Information Management Officer will be providing information management support to the CCCM Cluster in Ukraine, specifically aimed at setting up IM system for CCCM in Ukraine.
Timely and accurate information is integral to successful coordination of humanitarian action. The Information Management Officer is responsible for assisting in the production and dissemination of information on the CCCM cluster response in Ukraine, in order to facilitate delivery and monitoring of assistance, undertake gap analysis and determine priorities.
The incumbent operationalizes data standards developed at global or national level, trains cluster partners as needed and compiles data and analyses information relevant to the CCCM response. S/he also supports the cluster coordination team and cluster partners in such matters as choosing indicators for monitoring and operationalizing the cluster strategy.
The IMO will coordinate closely with other clusters, especially Protection and Shelter/NFIs, on joint processes such as needs assessments and impact measurement, as required.
While the CCCM Cluster IMO has primary responsibility for CCCM Cluster information management under the direction of the Shelter Cluster Coordinator, emphasis should also be placed on tri-cluster synergies with Protection and Shelter/NFIs. Such tri-cluster synergy will support optimization of information sharing, preparation of products and processes for better outcomes that can highlight issues of joint concern including mainstreaming of protection.
Aim of the Mission
The mission aims at setting up IM strategy and running the IM systems for the CCCM Cluster
- Establish IM systems (3/4Ws, partner mapping, dashboards and factsheets, assessments)
- Set up IM strategy of the CCCM Cluster
- Ensure timely preparation and generation of information products such as dashboards, snapshots, Gap analysis, Cluster funding status, pipeline tracking documents, reports, charts, infographics, and other ad hoc information products.
- To participate on behalf of the CCCM Cluster in all coordination forums, such as IMWG.
Under the supervision of the Senior CCCM Cluster Coordinator, the Information Management Officer will:
- Identify the relevant information requirements of the cluster coordination team and cluster partners as well as other key partners (OCHA, relevant clusters and local authorities) in the CCCM response and encourage information sharing among all stakeholders.
- Assist in the implementation and operationalization of the cluster strategy for Ukraine through effective managerial and lateral relations as well as teamwork.
- Develop an information management strategy for the cluster.
- Ensure that the cluster coordination team has access to robust systems for file storage and e-mail.
- Develop and/or operationalize country-specific common data standards together with relevant clusters and OCHA and promote the standards with cluster partners.
- Compile, aggregate and analyze data and information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement or support data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data on CCCM activities carried out to date.
- Support the cluster in the analysis of processed data and information and perform data quality and consistency control.
- Train cluster partners and other key partners on the use of cluster information management products as needed. In addition, train cluster partners and other key partners on data collection, data analysis, data visualization and protection of sensitive data as needed.
- Facilitate the analysis of information between relevant clusters if relevant.
- Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
- Share cluster data with partner agencies and maintain cluster information management products (website, contact list, activity reporting, operational presence, gap analysis and factsheets) at agreed frequencies and in relevant languages.
- Regularly engage and represent the CCCM Cluster in IM-coordination forums such as Information Management Working Group, feeding back to the cluster coordination team as relevant.
- Establish contact with appropriate partner agencies when basic or special needs are identified.
- Liaise with humanitarian stakeholders and relevant government counterparts on behalf of the CCCM Cluster as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- University degree in information technology, demography, statistics, social sciences or any related area, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience in CCCM, cluster system and/or information management related activities in natural disaster or conflict situations.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience (2 years with advanced university degree).
- Knowledge of the UN system and the humanitarian community, specifically with regards to inter-agency coordination and the humanitarian program cycle (HPC).
- Experience in the context of partnership building and consensual decision-making.
- Excellent writing, communication and negotiation skills; ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Proven skills to analyze statistical information.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.).
- Advanced data analysis and visualization skills.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and operating procedures.
- Ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets.
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team and in the inter-agency context with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity.
- Excellent knowledge of English is essential and knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian is an asset.
- Managing Performance
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Innovation and Creativity
- Technological Awareness