CANADEM is seeking seasoned professionals with previous relevant experience for its Cash Based Transfer roster. CANADEM is a Canadian-based NGO that works with various UN agencies through the standby partnership program. We regularly deploy candidates in various areas of expertise all around the globe. Registration with CANADEM is always free. We are looking to expand our pool of experts for potential/upcoming opportunities with different UN agencies ' field offices.
We are looking for qualifying candidates with immediate availability for a 12 months independent consultancy contract.
Three years or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
▪ At least two years’ experience implementing Cash Based Transfers in partnership with government and other partners
▪ Market and Cash Feasibility Assessments, as well as general knowledge of evidence generation for cash based transfers, including MEBs, food basket analysis etc
▪ Demonstrated use of MS. Excel in regular day to day work, and current web based virtual
office applications for coordination and networking
Knowledge & Skills
▪ Background in humanitarian programming, including protracted relief and recovery activities
▪ Monitoring and reporting of cash
▪ Capacity building skills, facilitation, community engagement and a heart for changing lives
▪ Strong organization and planning skills coupled with good interpersonal skills.
▪ Good analytical skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, tact, negotiating skills;
▪ Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.
▪ Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural
▪ Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of the local language
is an added advantage.