Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Data Analyst and Reporting Officer
Organizational Context and Scope
IOM Zimbabwe has been providing reliable information on populations affected by displacement as well as cross-border mobility through its the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM). Owing to the dynamic mobility conditions in Zimbabwe, various DTM tools in varying frequency and locations are in place to capture the evolving situation. DTM captures data on internal displacement, return, and inter/intra-regional migration.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Head of Programs, the DTM Analyst and Reporting Officer will be responsible for data generation and analysis, and assisting with the production of DTM external reports (dashboards, maps, etc)
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Locate and analyse specific Displacement Tracking, IDP Registration and IDP Returnees related data, and prepare reports and analyses relevant to proposed programs. Identify and develop specific program components including selection of operational plans and approaches, identification of program partners, and monitoring and evaluation mechanisms
- In close collaboration with the IM staff. further analyze the DTM data and develop analytic based value products.
- Verify the accuracy of the data consolidates and stored into the DTM database.
- Support the development and implementation of data quality procedures and mechanisms to monitor the quality of the data collected in the field.
- Draft and produce standard publishing materials and presentations, and various data visualization formats including maps, statistics, online materials and info sheets. Provide technical support related to data presentation needs on various written outputs (e.g. papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.).
- Draft, proof-read, assist with editing and format DTM output products including but not limited to analytical and statistical reports, displacement profiles, etc.
- Support the development of training modules and conduct training for DTM enumerators and partners
- Liaise with relevant humanitarian and development partners to expand the use of DTM data and analysis
- Research innovative solutions on complementary data analyses and improved processes related to information systems
- Support the consolidation of data into DTM Central Data Warehouse (CDW)
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Master Degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Demography, Statistics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in information management, reporting, coordination and analysis of data from large and complex information systems;
Research experience in the field of population studies, human mobility, mixed migration, and refugees/IDPs in developed and developing countries, including field experience related to displacement and migration research;
- Practical field experience in domains related to relief interventions and humanitarian action (including support to displaced populations and implementation of emergency and early recovery activities) iss an advantage;
- Experience in survey and questionnaire design and probabilistic sampling is an advantage.
- Experience in the development and implementation of ODK or any other mobile data collection tools
- Proficiency in one or more statistical analysis software such as: Stata, SAS, SPSS, R;
- Proficiency in using two or more of the following tools: Access, Visual Basic, Java, ASP, SQL, Oracle or Python;
- Strong skills on Excel are required. Knowledge of BI Visualization tools (Power BI, SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau, etc.)