CANADEM is seeking seasoned professionals with previous relevant experience for its French language Sexual and Reproductive Health roster. CANADEM is a Canadian based NGO that works with various UN agencies through the standby partnership programme. We regularly deploy candidates in various areas of expertise all around the globe. Registration with CANADEM is always free. We are looking to expand our pool of experts for potential/upcoming opportunities with different UN agencies field offices. Most positions are for 3 to 6 month deployments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fluency in French is essential.
- Field experience in complex emergencies, including humanitarian emergency response.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience within a multinational and multicultural environment
- Have a strong interest and motivation for inter-agency coordination.
- Ability to develop and coordinate SRH programmes that target refugees, IDPs/returnees and their host communities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills: the ability to work independently and productively, with multiple stakeholders in a constantly changing environment/
- The ability to work in a team in a productive and autonomous way, and to deal with requests or questions as they arise/
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with teams across a wide range of functions within a multicultural environment.
CANADEM and its partners have a no-tolerance policy towards Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). For this reason, we adhere to all policies, procedures and training of the United Nations on The Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA). CANADEM mandates all deployees successfully complete the PSEA online course. This e-learning course is composed of a set of lessons designed to raise awareness about SEA, become familiar with a range of measures to combat SEA, understand the impact on victims and the consequences for UN Personnel who commit Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.