Senior Supply Chain Coordinator
English required, Ukrainian/Romanian desirable
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
WFP is has recently set up a new Country Office based in Romania in support of the Ukraine response. Fundamental to the operation is a supply chain component, as WFP intends to coordinate the movement of significant volumes of food and humanitarian relief items to Ukraine. Physically based in Bucharest, it operates a solution that has a contract logistics component (comprising storage, handling and other such services); an overland transport component (managing the congregation of fleet and drivers for onward movement of cargo into Ukraine); as well as a sea freight and multimodal component (comprising vessel arrival in the port of Constanta and onward movement to Ukraine).
1. Manage supply chain operations in compliance with the established supply chain strategies, policies, procedures and controls, and following corporate standards, with special emphasis on quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness;
2. Plan and implement supply chain initiatives and services to ensure an agile, timely, cost- effective and integrated approach and in close cooperation with key supply chain
3. Coordinate contracting of commercial service providers, port operations, WFP truck fleet and warehouse operations to promote efficient and timely execution of WFP operations;
4. Build and maintain productive partnerships with supply chain counterparts amongst government and other national organizations, UN agencies, NGOs and private sector to share
operational knowledge and resources and build capacity to ensure coordinated and cost-
effective supply chain operations;
5. Monitor supply chain activities to ensure that appropriate internal controls are followed to increase the day-to-day efficiencies and overall performance of supply chain operations;
6. Prepare accurate, comprehensive and timely reports, dashboards and other visual materials on supply chain activities including trends to support informed decision-making and
consistency of information presented to the stakeholders;
7. Contribute to preparedness actions and support quick emergency response to deploy food and resources at the onset of the crisis;
8. Perform in-depth analyses and detailed conceptual work putting together comprehensive reports identifying opportunities for improvement and effective operationalization of supply
9. Manage, motivate, and develop a large team providing coaching, training and career guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance;
10. Other as required.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
• Manage all involved parties (including suppliers, hauliers, as well as HQ and Country Office colleagues) in ensuring the correct inbound, transit and outbound paperwork is created and archived.
• Manage the process of congregating inbound and outbound fleet and drivers to facilitate efficient onward movement of cargo into Ukraine.
• Work closely with the transport administrator to ensure all required information to manage and make decisions regarding the congregation of fleet and drivers and facilitate efficient onward movement of cargo into Ukraine is gathered.
• Report back to HoSC and operational colleagues via daily reporting mechanism.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: Educational background in Logistics / Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering or related fields desirable, alternatively strong professional competency acceptable.
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience working in logistics and supply chain in challenging environments;
• Experience in managing large, ideally private sector, supply chain operations including coordination with internal and external stakeholders and
supporting emergency programs;
• Experience in developing and managing relationships and national capacity building initiatives with private sector providers, UN agencies, NGOs, private sector and/or government organizations;
• Experience in implementing/setting-up supply chain improvement and optimization initiatives to achieve cost efficiency, improved agility, reliability
• Experience in working in (delivering to) complex and insecure environments;
• Experience in monitoring operational success and suggesting areas of improvements;
• Experience in supervising large teams of professional staff.