CANADEM is seeking seasoned professionals with previous relevant experience for its Home-Based GBV roster. CANADEM is a Canadian based NGO that works with various UN agencies through the standby partnership programme. We regularly deploy candidates in various areas of expertise all around the globe. Registration with CANADEM is always free. We are looking to expand our pool of experts for potential/upcoming opportunities with different UN agencies field offices. Most positions are for 3 to 6-months deployments.
Qualifications and Skills Required
• Advanced university degree in public administration, humanitarian response, public health, or relevant social sciences;
• minimum 5 years of relevant experience in UN mandate areas, particularly in emergency contexts;
• Experience in GBV coordination including humanitarian emergency response;
• Experience building relationships with partners, including donors, and meeting reporting requirements;
• Demonstrated leadership within a multinational and multicultural environment;
• Demonstrated understanding of the survivors-centred approach;
• Good knowledge of the GBViE IASC guidelines.
• Experience in building national capacity and supporting staff;
• Excellent communication skills, including written English, other languages would be an asset such as French, Spanish and Portuguese.