JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator
DUTY STATION: FAO Mozambique
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: FAO MOZAMBIQUE
DURATION: 6 months with possible extension
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and working closely with Programme, Administration, Emergency, Operations and Technical units, the Project Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day project management and implementation of the FAO Mozambique project entitled “Livelihood and nutrition-sensitive agricultural support for the most vulnerable populations affected by Tropical Cyclone Kenneth’’.
Lead and coordinate the project management functions of the Livelihood and nutrition-sensitive agricultural support for the most vulnerable populations affected by Tropical Cyclone Kenneth project.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Ensure the day-to-day project management, monitoring, oversight and implementation of project activities as per the agreed work plan; and fine-tune the project to ensure effective and efficient project implementation with consent from FAO Senior Management and the Donor.
• Ensure synergies are made within the project between emergency response and nutrition-sensitive agriculture interventions, in close liaison with FAO Emergency, Technical, Operational and Procurement Units.
• Review and develop key project documentation related, but not limited to procurement, Letters of Agreement, project proposals, project updates, project briefs, project narrative reports, etc.
• Organize and/or undertake regular missions to project field sites, working closely with key implementing partners to ensure project activities are technically sound and as stipulated with partners’ Letters of Agreements and with Heads of FAO Field Offices.
• Participate in key stakeholder meetings informing on project coordination, activity status, main successes, project constraints, key lessons learned.
• Timely project narrative and financial project reporting, which may also entail timely follow up with downstream partners to ensure project information streams are up to date.
• Research and analyze technical-related issues on the development, the implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects; assist in the review of relevant documents and reports;
• Produce a variety of technical information, data, statistics, and documents as well as technical inputs for reports and web pages;
• Oversee the updating of databases and web pages;
• Perform other duties as required.
• Advanced university degree in political sciences, business administration, agricultural economics, development economics, rural sociology, food security, nutrition, sustainable agriculture (including livestock, forestry and fisheries), or related field;
• Five years of relevant experience in technical cooperation's related activities, policy advice and analysis relating to food and nutrition security, agriculture and rural development, fishery, forestry, monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes;
• Excellent working knowledge of English and advanced knowledge of Portuguese (speaking and writing)
• Experience in FAO Emergency Response, Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture and Project Management will be an asset
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly implementing emergency projects in field positions is desirable
• Relevance and extent of experience in technical cooperation's related activities, policy advice, and analysis relating to food and nutrition security, agriculture and rural development, monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes
• Relevance and extent of experience in working with inter-governmental bodies and multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
• Ability to use software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make inquiries, retrieve/define
• ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.